[vox-tech] FTP Problems

Richard Crawford vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:27:16 -0800 (PST)

When attempting to connect to a remote server for work, I continue to get
the following error:

550 Requested action not taken

Our network administrator insists that the firewall is set up, that ports
20 and 21 are both open to my home computer's IP address, and so on.  I've
tried using both passive and non-passive transfer.  Neither works.  It
happens with every client I try, whether it's Windows or Linux.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)

"I really didn't realize the librarians were, you know, such a dangerous
group. They are subversive. You think they're just sitting there at the
desk, all quiet and everything. They're like plotting the revolution, man.
I wouldn't mess with them."
--Michael Moore