[vox-tech] spam to defeat bayesian filtering?

Jim Angstadt vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 09:56:18 -0800 (PST)

> On Thu 18 Dec 03,  9:27 AM, Jim Angstadt
> <jimajima9@yahoo.com> said:
> >
> > --- Peter Jay Salzman <p@dirac.org> wrote:
> > <snip>
> > > has anybody thought about these types of
> spams
> > > in relation to bayesian
> > > filters?  or perhaps read an article
> written by
> > > someone who's given the
> > > matter some thought?
> > <snip>
> >
> > Paul Graham has numerous articles on spam in
> > general and bayesian filters in particular:
> >
> >    http://www.paulgraham.com/antispam.html
> >
> > In some of his earlier articles he advocated
> > regular training, iirc.
> >
> > Jim
>
> hi jim,
>
> that's quite a collection of reading!  :)
>
> too much, in fact.  can you point me to which
> article you were thinking
> of that answers my question?
<snip>

Hi Pete,

These may be more helpful than the others:

  http://www.paulgraham.com/ffb.html
  http://paulgraham.com/better.html

The "better" one does discuss spam like you got,
while the "ffb" talks about fighting back against
spammers.

Jim