[vox-tech] Connecting to a remote Oracle database

MB vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 10:05:48 -0800

Richard,

To use most (if not all) oracle clients, you need the oracle drivers
installed on the local machine.  For instance, when I am accessing an
oracle db using java, oracle provides jdbc drivers.  I am not sure about
TOra, but when I was using TOAD, I had to install the oracle client (
sqlplus and some other oracle client software ) before TOAD would work.
(www.toadsoft.com)

cheers
Mark