[vox-tech] [OT] IRQ's under win2k

Rick Moen vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 14 Dec 2003 21:26:30 -0800

> doesn't matter at this point anyway.  i reinstalled using fat32.

Probably easiest to have at least _a_ FAT partition.

> btw, is there any sign that (un)popular) opinion will force the
> linuxgazette.com lawsuit to be dropped against .net?

Phil Hughes, owner of SSC, hasn't brought litigation.  He's filed an
application with USPTO to gain Federal recognition of our name as a
service mark owned by SSC.  The application falsely claims that SSC,
Inc. used that mark in commerce starting 1996, which was when magazine
founder John M. Fisk entrusted the magazine to SSC.

We have a written statement by Fisk that he took that step on the clear
understanding that the Gazette would remain a strictly non-commercial
magazine, and that he conveyed zero trademark rights.  Accordingly, we
are filing with USPTO to opposed the application.

Separately, Hughes has attempted to invoke the ICANN UDRP to attempt to
seize our Internet domain, again on grounds of alleged trademark.  We
are filing in opposition to that, too.

Hughes has taken those two steps against the opposition of just about
everyone, including his own employees.  Unfortunately, he decided not to
listen.

--
Cheers,                             * Contributing Editor, Linux Gazette *
Rick Moen                       -*- See the Linux Gazette in its new home: -*-