[vox-tech] 2-nics question

Dave Margolis vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 13 Dec 2003 10:33:44 -0800 (PST)

just got done reading about the nocat stuff.  a very intereting project
(great name too).  what those guys are doing is kind of the opposite of
my goal - which i just got working by the way!

now that i've got this working it would be simple enough to switch the
roles of the two nics to achieve a very low cost alternative to a store
bought wireless router or access point.  so it's really not that far off
from the nocat stuff.

you and jeff both suggested i might not need a crossover cable.  that was
correct; both of my nics agreed to play nice with the standard cable.
we'll see if the gamecube's nic is as agreeable.  if not, a
crossover cable is cheap enough.

man, this was such a fun little experiment...  and what a great use of
an otherwise useless POS laptop with a cracked case and no battery.

i've still got some learning to do as far as iptables goes, but what i've
got so far seems to be working for my purposes.

Thanks again (and Jeff too).