[vox-tech] UPS for a debian linux system

R. Douglas Barbieri vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 12 Dec 2003 15:13:01 -0800

--=-fr+F094dqXncvhTyO+gn

On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 12:03, dylan wrote:
> Hi-
>=20
> I am in the market for a relatively low power UPS that can keep a small P=
> server alive for a couple minutes should the power go out. Furthermore, i=
> would be ideal if this UPS would have a serial interface that could be us=
ed
> to notify the linux box that it is running on battery power - and power d=
own
> the system should the power remain out for a long time.
>=20
> i have used an Back-UPS Pro with PowerChute Plus on a Red Hat 6 system lo=
ng
> ago - and it worked great...

Woah. PowerChute runs under Linux? I have a Back-UPS 650 which a serial
cable. I can't get apcupsd to recognize my UPS (when I bring up the
daemon and hit the test switch, the unit kills power to the server).