[vox-tech] Maildrop

Ken Bloom vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 18:42:42 -0800

I just switched my procmail recipies to use maildrop instead. I
actually think I prefer maildrop because the language is more flexible,
because it's more of a sequential language (I also get to use a
logical-or operator to combine pattern matches, something procmail
apparently couldn't do easily).

For example, I was able to add one line of code in each of two places
to make my spam and viruses get marked read and filtered to another
folder, while procmail required an additional rule to correspond to
each of 6 rules.

I thought I'd give you all the heads up if you're looking for the
features it provides. Here's my .mailfilter for those who want to see.
MAILBOX=${HOME}/.mail
DEFAULT=$MAILBOX/inbox

if (/^Reply-To: *vox.*lugod/:h ||	\
    /^Subject: .*\[vox/:h )
{
	to $MAILBOX/lugod
}

if (/^Reply-To: .*shamash/:h )
{
	to $MAILBOX/jewish-lists
}

{
	to $MAILBOX/israel
}

#Begin Virus Detection

if      ( (                                                 \
		/zIGArlZWu25ux319xWpqnnNzppaWy46/:b &&      \
		/3EWC31mS40Zxr4uw6LXN8iZkuXmn5/:b &&        \
	) || (                                              \
		/swen/:b ||                                 \
		/gibe/:b                                    \
	) || (                                              \
		/RAV AntiVirus/:b                           \
	) || (                                              \
		/^Content-Type:.*name=".*\.exe"/:b          \
	) )
{
	xfilter 'reformail -I"Status: RO"'
	to $MAILBOX/util/probably-virus
}

# spam filtering

xfilter "${HOME}/bin/strip_spamassassin_report'
xfilter 'spamassassin -L'

if (/^X-Spam-Status: Yes/)
{
	xfilter 'reformail -I"Status: RO"'