[vox-tech] Increasing frame rate

Thu, 4 Dec 2003 13:20:30 -0800

richard,

refresh rate is almost certainly not the problem here.  if your refresh
rate were bad, you'd get headaches from using your computer.

there's a lot of places for bottlenecks.  i'm not sure where to point
you first, other than "top" and "cat /proc/swaps" would be useful.

if you want to investigate refresh rate, xvidtune is a good resource.

streaming video doesn't make use of accelerated opengl, so it would be a
waste of time to check if DRI/DRM is functional.

also, try to renice your X server.  i have mine niced to -10.

please describe what you mean by "screensaver flickers" further.

pete