[vox-tech] mutt, email, usb mini storage, dvorak...

Ken Bloom vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 19:51:09 -0800

--2oS5YaxWCcQjTEyO

On Wed, Dec 03, 2003 at 07:24:54PM -0800, Jonathan McPherson wrote:
> Questions for the group:
>=20
> 1. Many of you like and use the Mutt email client. (I typically use it
>    myself, but am having some exim problems, so I'm on webmail at the
>    moment).  In Mutt, what is the best way to look at one e-mail while
>    replying to another?  I often need to do this, and it's a pain to have
>    to save the mail as a draft and later resume it.  Another way might be
>    to run two instances of Mutt (I use GNU Screen heavily, so this is
>    easy to do in a single terminal), but that seems wasteful, not to
>    mention short-sighted; what if I want to look at _two_ other emails?
>    ... It would be really cool if I could have Mutt's "compose" open the
>    editor in a new Screen shell.

You might google around to see if there's some trick to doing this. I=20
was experimenting by changing $VISUAL to "screen vi", and it didn't=20
work. (Mutt just decided that when "screen vi" exited that the file=20
still hadn't been modified, and the "screen" portion will exit as soon=20
as a new screen is created.)

I use ^Z to suspend the editor and then I fire up another instance of=20
mutt, and then use job control features to switch between them.

--=20
My key was last signed 10/14/2003. If you use GPG *please* see me about=20

--2oS5YaxWCcQjTEyO

--2oS5YaxWCcQjTEyO--