[vox-tech] Laptop Going to Sleep In Console Mode

Mark Street vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 09:38:28 -0800

Most likely an apm feature that was activated.

Do you use KDE or Gnome?
The place to look would be in /etc, on Red Hat it is located in
/etc/sysconfig/apmd and /etc/sysconfig/apm-scripts/

If you use KDE you can reset this behavior in Control Center - Power Control -
Display Power Control.  I assume you may have activated this and not known
the consequences.  Read the apmd file referenced above and the apmscript file
found in apm-scripts directory... or something like it as I am not that
familiar with gentoo filesystem structure.

--
Mark Street, D.C.
Red Hat Certified Engineer