[vox-tech] Problems with hdparm

Cam Ellison vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 31 Aug 2003 14:03:24 -0700

When I try to run hdparm (either in a root console, or single-user
command line), I get the following:

/dev/hda:
 HDIO_GET_MULTCOUNT failed: Invalid argument
 HDIO_GET_32BIT failed: Invalid argument
 HDIO_GET_UNMASKINTR failed: Invalid argument
 HDIO_GET_DMA failed: Invalid argument
 HDIO_GET_KEEPSETTINGS failed: Invalid argument
 readonly     =3D  0 (off)
 readahead    =3D  8 (on)
 geometry     =3D 19161/16/255, sectors =3D 78176880, start =3D 0

Why the "Invalid argument" responses?  I can't find anything in the
man page about this, and searching Google provides a number of hits,
but they (at least the ones I have found) do not seem to address this.

I'm running a patched 2.4.20.  Is there something I've missed in the
kernel that is causing this, or is it something else?

TIA

Cam

--=20
Cam Ellison Ph.D. R.Psych.
=46rom Roberts Creek on B.C.'s incomparable Sunshine Coast
cam(at)ellisonet(dot)ca
camellison(at)dccnet(dot)com
cam(at)fleuryassociates(dot)com