[vox-tech] "PASSED"

Robert G. Scofield vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 17 Aug 2003 09:10:24 -0700

On Saturday 16 August 2003 11:02 pm, Ryan Castellucci wrote:

> Read the manpage for tune2fs if you want to adjust these paramaters.

Thank you.  I wondered how to do that.

> > And if I install a new distro over this Mandrake 9.0 system, and format
> > /dev/hda5 and /dev/hda8, will the problems disappear?

Here I guess I wasn't clear in my question.  It seems that normally instead of
"PASSED" you get "OK."  So I assume that something must be wrong if you get
less than OK.  I was assuming that maybe there was some sort of file system
corruption that led to the PASSED (which is between FAILED and OK), and was
thinking that if the partition was reformatted, then the "problem"  (Mark Kim
does not see a problem.) might go away.  (The two partitions involved will be
reformatted in October when I replace this Mandrake system with SuSE.)

Thank you.

Bob