[vox-tech] Brain fart: making one linux box talk to another

Richard Crawford vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 14:29:54 -0700 (PDT)

My wife surprised me this past weekend with a spare computer to turn into
a new server for our house.  Whee!  I've had plenty o' fun installing
Linux on it and setting up various Samba shares and so on.

Now, I'd like to access my /home/richard directory on my new computer from
my usual desktop.  This directory is set up as a Samba share so that I can
get to it from my WinXP computer, but it seems silly to have to do a
smbmount from my regular box to get to this directory.  And, strangely,
making two Linux boxes talk to each other is something I haven't had to do
yet.

How do I even start?

--
Slainte,