[vox-tech] Strange server behavior

Richard Crawford vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 14:02:36 -0700 (PDT)

I have a script in /etc/init.d which starts up a service when the computer
boots up.  It is also possible to start up the service manually by
entering the appropriate command on the command line.

Now, when I start the service on the command line, it works just fine.
However, when I start up the computer (or try to start the services
manually by running the init.d script from the command line), the services
do not work. They show up as running when I do a ps -aux command, but they
simply do not work.

How is this possible?

--
Slainte,