[vox-tech] Inheriting env variables when you do a su

Richard Crawford vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 12:15:38 -0700 (PDT)

Tim Riley wrote,

> Sure: export SPIFFY_VAR. Then the -c option is not needed.

So, for example, in my script I'd write,

SPIFFY_VAR=/home/stuff
export SPIFFY_VAR
.
.
.
su process_user "{$SPIFFY_VAR}/do/something/cool.exe"

?

(Pardon the ignorance... Bash scripting is not something I'm at all
familiar with, and I've suddenly found myself in a job where I'll be doing
a lot of it -- on a Solaris box, no less.  Yikes.)

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford