[vox-tech] Inheriting env variables when you do a su

Richard Crawford vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 11:35:30 -0700 (PDT)

Say, for instance, I have a startup script that looks something like this:

SPIFFY_VAR=/home/stuff

.
.
.

su process_user -c "SPIFFY_VAR=$SPIFFY_VAR"

Is there a way for process_user to inherit the value of SPIFFY_VAR when I
do the su so that I don't have to redeclare them constantly?  It just
seems like it would cut down on the number of errors I might end up
making.

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford