[vox-tech] [OT] Background images

Troy Arnold vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 23:09:59 -0700

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 04:10:44PM -0700, Rod Roark wrote:
> A question for you web developers: anyone know some good
> sources for background patterns... leather, marble, wood,
> fabrics, metallic, etc.?
>
> I know there's tons of stuff I can google for, but picking
> out good sites is VERY tedious.  Also I see that the Gimp
> comes with a few, but I need more.

All this great recent thread discussion, and all I can do is post about
eye candy...

You mentioned realistic type stuff, so I'm not sure if your
interest/need extends to the abstract, but:

The propoganda series:
http://www.ibiblio.org/propaganda/  -- mostly abstract stuff, some of it
interesting.

You also might try poking around themes.freshmeat.net

-troy