[vox-tech] HOWTO: Download all Debian bugs for package in mbox format.

Mike Simons vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 16:42:19 -0400

--LSp5EJdfMPwZcMS1

Hi all,

  I've been working on some mini-howtos to post here and ran across two
bugs in apt...=20

  I normally file bug reports as I find bugs, but in order to file
bugs correctly you are supposed to check the existing reports first.
The number of open bugs against apt is ridiculous (434).

  Using the web interface to read that many bug reports is stupid.

  So I wrote a little perl script to download all the bugs, and produce
a single mbox file which grepmail, mutt, grep, less, etc can use to=20
review the reports.

It's very rough but available here:
  http://simons-clan.com/~msimons/debian/howto/dldb/

to use:
  ./dldb PACKAGE_NAME

output is:
  PACKAGE_NAME.mbox    # final mbox file
  bug.X.*              # bug reports for each bug
  index.X.*            # bug report index for this bug

  *.html    # HTTP body of each request
  *.rc      # HTTP response code of each request
  *.msg     # HTTP response message of each request
  *.header  # HTTP header of each request

  In some cases a particular email will be filed against a bunch of=20
bugs so you might see duplicate emails... use formail to prune if=20
you care.

    Later,
      Mike Simons

--=20