[vox-tech] SpeedStream 5360 ADSL modem, SNMP?

Mike Simons vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 08 Apr 2003 13:18:25 -0400

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 11:55:01PM -0700, Jeff Newmiller wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Apr 2003, Mike Simons wrote:
> >   I have a SpeedStream 5360 ADSL bridge, which is using IP 192.168.1.1,
> > is responding to SNMP requests, is listening on TCP port 80 and 6800.

Jeff,

  It appears there are at least three different part numbers that carry
the 5360 name.  I have a: 060-5360-002.  Don't bother testing if you
don't have the same device.

[a bunch of links]

  Very interesting reading... but nothing appears to apply here.

> I can't recall exactly, but I think I had to use the web interface to
> reconfigure it.  Have you tried?  Try accessing it within 30 seconds of
> the ethernet light turning on (I can't find the documentation I referred
> to when I did it.)

  I just tried power cycling it appears that I still can't access port
80.  The device accepts then terminates the connection.  Regardless of
how long it has been alive.

> > - Can anyone see if their device appears to respond to pings to
> >   192.168.1.1?
>
> Anyone who tests this should beware that they need to reconfigure their
> computer to handle 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.255 on their NIC.

good point:
===
ifconfig eth0:0 192.168.1.2
ping 192.168.1.1