[vox-tech] SpeedStream 5360 ADSL modem, SNMP?

Mike Simons vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 07 Apr 2003 20:03:24 -0400

Hi all,

  I have a SpeedStream 5360 ADSL bridge, which is using IP 192.168.1.1,
is responding to SNMP requests, is listening on TCP port 80 and 6800.

  I think this device is standard issue for SBC DSL service.

  I would like to know how to reconfigure this modem (to change the IP
address and turn off port 80 and 6800 and/or snmp).  All documentation
for the device was lost and the efficient.com website has practically no
information about the device.

  According to the helpful people at support@efficient.com, this device
===
a) does not support SNMP
b) does not use IP address 192.168.1.1
c) does not allow any configuration
d) appears to be malfunctioning and should be returned.
===

  I connected the modem all by itself upto a machine without a phone
line into it and verified I can do things like ping, telnet to port 80
and 6800, and do a snmpwalk.

  So I "know" what I'm being told (a, b, c) is hogwash...

- Does anyone else have one these modems?
- Does anyone have documentation that talks about reconfiguring them?
- Can anyone see if their device appears to respond to pings to
  192.168.1.1?

    Thank you,
      Mike Simons

ps:
- Anyone know of a way to snmp broadcast to get all the local devices to
  announce themselves and their IP addresses?