[vox-tech] Building Apache Mod_Perl Mod_SSL

Mike Simons vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 04 Apr 2003 13:51:30 -0500

On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 09:58:47AM -0600, Jay Strauss wrote:
> Apache Apache-Perl Mod_SSL Mod_Perl DSO Debian Woody
>
> Here's how I built an apache server with Mod_Perl and Mod_SSL (from what I
> remember), using packaged products (verses doing it from source).

Jay the document looks good... except for this part:

> # Next I used CPAN (for the first time) to get some perl packages need for
> CPAN and Apache and HTML stuff
> perl -MCPAN -e shell
> install Bundle::CPAN
> reload cpan
> install Bundle::libnet
> HTTP::Date
> Time::HiRes
> Bundle::DBI
> Bundle::Apache

  You don't explain why you installed those things from CPAN instead of
just apt-get'ing them...

- Why install from CPAN?

Two cpan calls are straight forward:
  HTTP::Date        libwww-perl
  Time::HiRes       libtime-hires-perl

I'm not sure exactly what makes up the bundle statements, but I'm
certain that the contents are available as debian packages...

  Bundle::libnet      libnet-perl?
  Bundle::DBI         libdbd-mysql-perl?
  Bundle::Apache      some things from `apt-cache search libapache perl`

    Later,
      Mike Simons