[vox-tech] Mod_perl

Jay Strauss vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 08:26:20 -0600

Hi,  recently I installed mod_perl, mod_ssl, apache from source onto debian
woody.  Just for grins I just did a:

apt-cache search mod_perl and I got:

meir:~# apt-cache search mod_perl
apache-ssl - Versatile, high-performance HTTP server with SSL support
apache - Versatile, high-performance HTTP server
apache-perl - Versatile, high-performance HTTP server with added Perl
support
libapache-mod-perl - Integration of perl with the Apache web server

I'm pretty new to compiling apache with mod_perl, but as I understand
mod_perl needs to be statically linked into the apache but other mods can be
dynamically linked.  I'd prefer to use apt and have a standard install.
Could I use these prepacked things in some way to get a
apache/mod_perl/mod_ssl (and maybe) mod_dav?

Thanks
Jay