[vox-tech] [ijtrotts@ucdavis.edu: [lugod lert] gentoo newbie questions]

Henry House vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 08:12:50 -0700

--n8g4imXOkfNTN/H1

Issac: I am forwarding your message to LUGOD's Vox-tech mailing list. Have
you checked for information on Gentoo's website? Is /dev/hda3 in fact alrea=
dy
in use?

----- Forwarded message from Issac Trotts <ijtrotts@ucdavis.edu> -----

Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 15:43:20 -0700
From: Issac Trotts <ijtrotts@ucdavis.edu>
To: lert@lugod.org
Subject: [lugod lert] gentoo newbie questions

I'm hoping to install gentoo on my Sony VAIO pcg-fx120 laptop, currently
running Suse 7.2.  The online installation instructions say that the
easiest way to install is to mount the partition you want to install in
as /mnt/gentoo.  But I can't do this:

  > mount /dev/hda3 /mnt/gentoo
  mount: /dev/hda3 already mounted or /mnt/gentoo busy
  mount: according to mtab, /dev/hda3 is mounted on /

Can you tell me how to do this or where to find more beginner-oriented
gentoo install instructions that don't assume I know how to do things like
this, or both?

Thanks!

--=20
Issac Trotts              =20