[vox-tech] (was vox) gentoo newbie plea for help

Stephen M. Helms vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 20:37:43 -0400 (EDT)

Quoting Peter Jay Salzman <p@dirac.org>:

> that's what i thought, but i did a google search anyhow.  apparently,
> it's generally *possible*.  i didn't read the posts in great detail,
> but
> apparently, this can be done, even for non-NFS exported filesystems.
>
> in fact, linus says it's a "_major_" feature.  :)

I just tried this on debian:

I had /dev/hda7 mounted as /music and typed mount /dev/hda7 /home/public/music

and it worked, so now I have my .ogg files in there original location /music and
shared out on my smb share /home/public/music.  Very nice.

Nice meeting you last night Isaac and welcome to LUGOD.

-Stephen