[vox-tech] How to apply procmail filters to existing mailbox?

Graham Freeman vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 13:16:04 -0700 (PDT)

Howdy,

About 2 weeks ago I broke my procmail filters in such a way that they
started silently discarding most of my e-mail for about 6 hours until I
discovered the problem and (for lack of time) disabled all my procmail
filters.  Fortunately I retained the mail server logs, so I can probably
figure out at least whose e-mail I missed.

Now that I've been able to find & fix the problem with my filters, I need
some way to apply the filters to the ~3,000 unfiltered messages that wound
up in my inbox since then.  I'd really prefer not to have to go through
these messages by hand.  Unfortunately, all the procmail documentation I
can find assumes that you're using it only as the e-mail comes in, not on
an existing mailbox.

Can anyone tell me how to apply my existing .procmailrc to my existing
/var/mail/graham inbox file?

Thanks

--

Graham Freeman                  Executive Director, CalTEG
tel: +1 831 466 0853            http://www.calteg.org/