[vox-tech] sid security

Rick Moen vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 7 Sep 2002 12:17:49 -0700

> does sid have security updates?  or is the idea that since sid
> packages are allowed to change at any point with no testing that
> having security updates is a meaningless endeavour?

As you'll see in http://security.debian.org/dists/ , there's no package
collection there for "unstable".  My understanding is that, since
unstable is by definition where revised packages become available the
instant they're uploaded by a package maintainer (without the scripted
quarantining of "testing" or the human scrutiny and acceptance criteria
of "stable"), any "security" collection to give you quicker access would
be at best redundant.

--
Cheers,           "I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate
Rick Moen         those who do.  And, for the people who like country music,