[vox-tech] XFree86 4.2.0 on debian?

Stephen M. Helms vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 07 Sep 2002 11:14:06 -0400 (EDT)

> > I am running sarge/testing on two of my systems both with XFree86
> 4.2.0 and I am
> > having no problems with it.  Just add the lines from Branen's page to
> your
> > /etc/apt/sources.list file and do an apt-get update && apt-get
> upgrade.
> >
> > That should do the trick for you.  If you need any help let me know.
>
> Be careful of a security hole in 4.2.0 packages. See
> people.debian.org/~branden for more info.

OK Ryan, Dmitri is right about checking for these security wholes.  You will
just have to downgrade xlibs to 4.1.0-17 and any packages that depend on it.
Hopefully the Radeon's driver will not be affected.  The line for your
/etc/apt/sources.list is below:

deb http://people.debian.org/~branden/sid/i386/

I just checked the tar file and I do not see xlibs in there, so you should be
good to go.

Have fun, Stephen