[vox-tech] Re: vox-tech digest, Vol 1 #417 - 1 msg

Thu, 5 Sep 2002 18:20:27 -0700

i never knew this!

rick, perhaps you should contact ESR and ask him to include this email,
nearly verbatim, to the video mode timing howto?  i sure could've
benefited knowing this stuff before.

i've been writing home-brewed video modes for years now to squeeze
performance out of my video cards for gaming, but didn't know any of
this.  i just assumed that if something didn't look or sound right,
ctl-alt-backspace would save me.  guess i didn't need saving all along.

btw, how much of this stuff is true for tft's or laptops?  i'm always
worried about laptops because half the time i can't find the power
switch, let alone ctl-alt-backspace.  do low-space items like these also
carry protection circuitry?

pete

begin Rick Moen <rick@linuxmafia.com>