[vox-tech] starting X on TV/S-Video output?

Stephen M. Helms vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 05 Sep 2002 11:31:12 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Foo,

Are you starting the computer hooked up only to the TV?  I know with my ATI
All-in-Wonder Pro I had to start it up connected to the TV.  I am pretty sure
you can only set the resolution to 640 X 480 at 60Hz.  That seems to be the
highest supported option from ATI.  Have you tried the composite connector as
well or just S-video?  Is there a Co-ax(RJ-59 connector) option?

Also, I am wondering if you may need xinemara to setup multiple displays.  I do
not know how this will effect the computer if you only want a TV display.

-Stephen