[vox-tech] Debian download - 8 disks?

Dave Peticolas vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
27 Oct 2002 00:39:23 -0700

--=-gDGl0aJt0zhN3KS1VBqU

On Sat, 2002-10-26 at 12:32, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> I'm finally getting around to try Debian, but...
>=20
> There's 8 ISOs, including 1 NONUS.  Why is it so big?  I didn't think
> Debian was that big -- all the less popular stuff is downloaded off the
> 'net was my understanding?
>=20
> Should I get all 8 ISOs?  What do people recommend?

I recently switched from Red Hat to Debian.
To avoid downtime, I tried debootstrap and
it worked pretty well, although I had to do
a few things by hand. Anyway, I was able to
install a Debian system onto a second hard
disk while I continued working in Red Hat.

The Debian install guide has some instructions
for this method.

dave

--=-gDGl0aJt0zhN3KS1VBqU

--=-gDGl0aJt0zhN3KS1VBqU--