[vox-tech] Installing Adaptec SCSI Card

Rod Roark vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 11:39:18 -0700

Dunno about /etc/modules -- do you mean modules.conf?

That is one beastie I've never understood very well, mainly=20
because I don't know what all the alias names are that might=20
be used.  But in general, it modifies the behavior of
modprobe, for example specifying optional parameter values,
or prerequisite modules.

I'm pretty sure there's a way to specify your SCSI driver in
there, but usually I just put a modprobe command in the
startup scripts.  I'd love to hear more about what the Best=20
Way is.  :-)

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/