[vox-tech] What's in RedHat 8.0

Marc Hasbrouck vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 10:48:01 -0700 (PDT)

Here's what RedHat says to it RedHat Network members
about it.

Marc

What's new in Red Hat Linux 8.0, anyway?

  * A new interface -- a user-friendly desktop with
graphical
enhancements
    and improved menu organization.

  * The latest Gnu Compiler Collection, gcc-3.2, and a
specially tuned
    and tested high-performace kernel, 2.4.18.

  * Cutting-edge web server technology powered by the
latest release
    of Apache, 2.0.

  * Updated graphical configuration tools that make
setting up a Linux
    server a truly point-and-click experience.

  * A single interface for package selection during
and after
installation

  * Enhanced personal security, featuring a
point-and-click firewall
    tool to protect your system from Internet
intruders.

How do I upgrade once I subscribe to Red Hat Network
Basic service?

  * After purchase, you will be directed to the
Instant ISO page.
    From there, follow the instructions for
downloading and installing
    Red Hat Linux 8.0 from the ISO images.