[vox-tech] Trouble with apt-get

Thu, 28 Nov 2002 01:15:55 -0800

rusty,

you have to understand that i don't even know what ximian is.

but based on package information and your email, it looks like ximian is
some kind of replacement for gnome.  in fact, the error you saw is
ximian trying to write a file over another file that already exists on
your filesystem.

while it kind of sucks you got an error, just think about the heartache
it avoided -- just willy nilly overwriting a file.  package management
rules.  anyway.

again, i don't know what ximian is, but it looks like you'll have to
uninstall a good chunk of gnome to install it.

maybe someone can give you a better answer, but from what little i know
about these packages, this is how i see it.

pete

begin Rusty Minden <clownsinc@attbi.com>