[vox-tech] CDR annoyance

Rod Roark vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 21:28:19 -0800

A couple of other thoughts:

(1) Not all CD-Rs are compatible with cdrecord.

(2) It's likely that the lens needs cleaning.  If you can=20
reach it, a Q-Tip and some alcohol might do the trick.
Otherwise I heard somewhere that there are cleaning kits for=20
this (but have never used one myself).

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/

On Sunday 24 November 2002 09:12 pm, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 24, 2002 at 08:24:11PM -0800, Rod Roark wrote:
> > CD burners frequently go bad.  I did have one that would not
> > recognize that a disc was in the drive, which looks similar
> > to your problem here.
> >
> > You might try seeing if it will _read_ a CD.
>
> Well, it definitely plays audio CDs well.  I'll try a non-CD-R data dis=
c.