[vox-tech] CDR annoyance (and tuxpaint)

Sun, 24 Nov 2002 21:10:44 -0800

begin Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net>

> When I even try to use "cdrecord" with the "-dummy" option, it immediately
> quits out and yells:
>
>   cdrecord: No disk / Wrong disk!

a message that dead wrong might indicate hardware failure.

> Specifically, the command is:
>
>   # nice --10 cdrecord -v  -dummy speed=4 dev=1,0,0 tuxpaint.raw
>
> and the full output is:
>
> Goddamn.  CD burning is irritating, isn't it!? >:^(

depends.  i got myself a nice plextor plexwriter.  i've never had a
single problem with it, ever.  never burned a bad disk with it.  out of
all the hardware i've ever owned, my cd writer has been the least
trouble.  i _highly_ recommend it.

> i've got some nice, shiny gold coasters for sale :^)  never used!

i might use em.  :)

btw, just got home.  would you want me to write some disks for you or is
dave going to?

pete