[vox-tech] Linux on an Alpha server

Foo Lim vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 18:46:40 -0800 (PST)

Hi Steven,

I used to work with an Alpha, and I didn't see a lot of incompatibilities.
However, that was when I didn't know much about Linux.  Prepackaged RPMs
will be fewer than i386 packages, but as long as you have the source, I
think you'll be fine.  When you have the source, remember to read the
documentation to see if there are any special compilation instructions for
the architecture.  That's all I can remember and recommend right now.

HTH, FL