[vox-tech] vim question

R. Douglas Barbieri vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 18:28:48 -0800 (PST)

Au contraire. I'm running Debian with the vim and vim-gtk packages
installed. The command "gvim" is softlinked to "vim." I'm used to the vim
command only running in shell and not involving the GTK version, where
gvim does. I think that recent versions have changed this functionality so
that "vim"  searches for the DISPLAY environment variable, and if present,
fires up the GUI code.

Does anyone know if there is a variable which can shut this off?