[vox-tech] vim question

Tue, 12 Nov 2002 12:52:20 -0800

--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE

putting this in .vimrc does the trick:

   " When editing a file, always jump to the last known cursor position.
   " Don't do it when the position is invalid or when inside an event
   " handler (happens when dropping a file on gvim).
   "
   autocmd BufReadPost *
      \ if line("'\"") > 0 && line("'\"") <=3D line("$") |
      \   exe "normal g`\"" |
      \ endif

i'm still unsure why that one instance of vim does this automaticaly and
all other vims i've used don't.   i suppose i could use strace to see
what other config files are being pulled in, but at this point i'm more
happy than curious.   ;-)

pete

begin Peter Jay Salzman <p@dirac.org>=20

--0OAP2g/MAC+5xKAE