[vox-tech] External IDE Drive Converter

Ryan vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 31 May 2002 07:58:52 -0700

On Thursday 30 May 2002 11:09 pm, David Margolis wrote:
> Has anybody had any success using a USB or parallel IDE drive converter=
=2E
> I've got both an extra hard drive and an extra 4x2x24 CD-RW I'd love to
> do something creative and portable with.  One or both
> of those would go nicely in one of several available external drive kit=
s.

> So I guess this is a few questions.  Has anyone pulled off using an
> external USB drive kit?  If not, what's a good parallel one?  Has anyon=
> pulled off burning CDs in a converted IDE CD-RW (USB or parallel)?

I've got a bafo one that works for hard drives.

http://www.bafo.com/proddetail.cfm?ID=3D386

And the driver.....

http://bravin.home.cern.ch/bravin/usbide/usbide.html

It can be a bit picky about hard drives, the driver was ment for a diffre=
nt=20
device using the same USB-to-IDE bridge.

If you're interested it borrowinf it for a few weeks to make sure you can=
 get=20
it working before buying one (i paid around $70 for it) lemme know.