[vox-tech] Broken K-Mail-Kongueror Connection

David Margolis vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 30 May 2002 23:02:44 -0700 (PDT)

Rob,

Try this.  I don't know what version of KDE you're using.  I'm using KDE
2.1.2, so this might be a little different.

Go into the KDE Control Center.
Under File Browsing, choose File Associations.  In there you'll find
groupings of file types.  One is text.  Under text is the html file type.
You may be able to do something here.  The default should be Konquerer
(or Netscape or Opera or whatever).  I didn't see a File type for type URL
in here which is what you're looking for more than html, but give it a
whirl.

I've looked all around for settings in both Konq. and KMail.  You might
try backing up .kderc by renaming it, and seeing if it generates a new
clean one (but looking in that file, I don't see anything relevant.  But
there has go to be something along those lines.

Dave Margolis