SEVEN HOURS! was Re: [vox-tech] Is mozilla going to finish compiling sometime this week?

Matt Holland vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 22 May 2002 23:58:06 -0700

Ryan,

Yup, I get about 70-90 mins on an Athlon 900/256MB RAM, and more than 3
hrs on a PII 400/64MB RAM, turning off debugging in both cases, but
building all components.  I once made the mistake of not turning off
debugging and such, and the build took *several* hours on the PII... not
to mention that the build was huge and took up a ton of disk space.  If
you're not wise in the ways of mozilla build configuration, search the
vox-tech archives for ".mozconfig" and you'll find Gabe's .mozconfig
file, which started me off in the right direction (thanks Gabe!).

Matt