[ot] Why threaded mailer (Was Re: [vox-tech] RE: [ot] posting etiquette)

nbs vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 22 May 2002 22:57:30 -0700

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 10:53:29PM -0700, Steven Peck wrote:

> Hmmmm.....
> [1] Never understood tracking messages by threading, tried it long ago
> and hated it, so I was unaware of the side effect :) and welll.......
> I'll try to remember, but I'm an old dog.

Well, when I see something like this:

   [vox] Help, my winmodem doesn't work

followed by 2 dozen followups, since I don't care about or use even
NON-Win modems, I can easily delete the entire thread by hitting [Esc] [D]

Switching to a threaded mail client (in my case, switching from elm to mutt)
has helped TREMENDOUSLY.  I can keep track of ancient correspondences
in my "lugod" folder, clip and trim and skim through the countless mailing
lists I'm subscribed to, and so forth.

> [2] Doh!  Wrong folder! :/

:)

-bill!