[vox-tech] X errors when running opengl hello world program

Gabriel Rosa vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 16 May 2002 17:04:36 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 16 May 2002, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> hi all,
>
> i had inspiration to take a couple of hours out of today and learn
> some opengl basics.

feel free to drop me an email if you have any questions.

> i *know* DRI is working because quake3 runs on this machine with no
> issues that i know about, along with a whole bunch of other loki games.
>
> i compiled gabe's "example1" from his opengl lugod talk, and here's what
> i was greeted with (it's fatal):

uh oh, someone is actually using my code :)

> i'm pretty stumped.  i'd like to learn opengl, but i have no idea how to
> get the example program to run on this machine.

are you running woody? I just checked, and my examples compile cleanly
under woody (and run too).

-Gabe