[vox-tech] Soundcard/modem conflict resolved; thanks

Gregory Weber vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 10 May 2002 13:42:45 -0700

Thanks to Mike and others who've helped me resolve my Redhat7.0
configuration problem.

Turns out that the problem was in the configuration file for the Red Hat PPP
dialer.  Once I realized that Linux was actually speaking with my modem
(thanks to running minimodem), I realized that the problem had to be
software related.

I simply created a new dial-up account with the Red Hat Dialup Configuration
program (using exactly the same set-up as my previous account, but with a
different name) and I was back on the net.

Along the way, I've learned a few Linux commands and troubleshooting tools,
thanks to the earlier replies.

Thanks again.

Greg Weber