[vox-tech] help: postscript wierdness

Tue, 7 May 2002 12:09:44 -0700

hi all,

if anyone would be so kind as to humor me on this one:

www.dirac.org/p/linux-gamers-howto.ps

there are a couple of places where gv doesn't display parts of
sentences, and it's really throwing me for a loop.

here is the text:

  ... This presents a problem for companies like Transgaming (<xref
  linkend="winex">) and prompted a fork of wine called ReWind (<xref
  linkend="rewind">).  </para>

this paragraph begins on page 31.  here is what i see at the bottom of
page 31:

  This presents a problem for companies like Transgaming (<xref
  linkend="winex">) and prompted a fork of wine called

page 32 *should* read:

  Rewind (Section 10.4.2).

but this text is missing from the top of page 32.  HOWEVER, when you
look at the actual postscript, it's right there:

0 56.2 M(re-licensed under the more restrictive GNU LGPL so that it could only be used for non-commercial puposes.)S
0 43 M(This presents a problem for companies like Transgaming \(Section 10.4.3\) and prompted a fork of wine called)S 0 29.8 M(ReWind \(Section 10.4.2\).)S
/F8 SF 174.602 720 M(The Linux Gamers' HOWTO)S
0 0 M(10.3. Win16)S
474.768 0 M(31)S
GR
SP
%%Page: 32 36
%%PageBoundingBox: 72 36 559 756

if someone could possibly help me out there:

1. if you know why this is happening and how i can correct it, please
    tell me.

2. please verify that you can't see the missing line as well

bug in gv?  bug in the postscript?  i make the postscript with:

JADEOPTIONS=-t sgml -i html -V nochunks -d ldp.dsl\#html

all:
   jade ${JADEOPTIONS} linux-gamers-howto.sgml > linux-gamers-howto.html
   ldp_print linux-gamers-howto.html

any help is greatly appreciated!

pete