[vox-tech] bash question

Matt Roper vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 6 May 2002 08:57:43 -0700

The manpage only says that the display number will be greater than 0,
but every machine I've ssh'd into has used :10 or above like Mark says.

    "The DISPLAY value set by ssh will point to the server machine, but
    with a display number greater than zero.  This is normal, and
    happens because ssh creates a ``proxy'' X server on the server
    machine for forwarding the connections over the encrypted channel."

Matt