[vox-tech] File write limit?

R. Douglas Barbieri vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 6 May 2002 00:56:50 -0700 (PDT)

Mike, you're a genius!!!!

[doug@solo doug]$ ulimit -a
core file size (blocks)     0
data seg size (kbytes)      unlimited
file size (blocks)          100000
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
max locked memory (kbytes)  unlimited
max memory size (kbytes)    unlimited
open files                  1024
pipe size (512 bytes)       8
stack size (kbytes)         unlimited
cpu time (seconds)          unlimited
max user processes          2176
virtual memory (kbytes)     unlimited

Now--the trouble is, where is that thing being set? I checked my
/etc/profile file and found the following lines:

# Users generally won't see annoyng core files
[ "$UID" = "0" ] && ulimit -S -c 1000000 > /dev/null 2>&1

But this has to do with core files, and only root gets this set. Any
suggestions?