[vox-tech] Multiple IPs on one system

Tom vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 3 May 2002 09:02:01 -0700

It's IP aliasing.  It will be eth0 and eth0:1
A little perl for a loop, but really what you want is the ifconfig line.
I don't think you need the route line because it already knows how to route
the subnet.

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;
my($n,$ip) = (1,3);
while($ip <= 102){
        system("ifconfig eth0:$n 24.47.198.$ip broadcast 24.47.198.255
netmask 255.255.255.0");
        system("route add -host 24.47.198.$ip eth0:$n");
}

The Mini-HOWTO:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/IP-Alias/

Hope that helps,