[vox-tech] KDE fails to load

ME vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 14:39:42 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, ALLO (Alfredo Lopez) wrote:
> I guess the Xfree86 was not the problem.
> The machine still can load KDE.  The monitor is flashing and shows the
> following:

> isapnp: scaning for pnp cards
> isapnp: no plug and play devices found
> init: id "gu" respawning too fast: disable for 5 minutes
>
> I did and CNTRL-ALT-F2 to get a prompt and logged as root and did an "init
> 2" to stop it from starting the "flashing of the monitor" again.
>
> Any ideas? Please...

Look at /etc/inittab. See if "gu" is listed there. What lines have
reference to "gu" in that file?

Also, you say, "The machine still can load KDE."

Is that a typo, and did you mean "can't load" ?

Not a criticism at all ( I probably make and ignore more typos tahn
everyone else on this list combined.)

Also, what has changed recently (since last reboot, and since X last
worked)? New kernel? new updates? new packages? new hardware?

-ME