[vox-tech] gimp/latex and fonts

Henry House vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 11:28:36 -0800

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 07:56:25AM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> is there any way of getting access to latex fonts via gimp?
>=20
> specifically, i get a nice math font suitable for algebraic topology in
> latex using \mathcal{}.
>=20
> i'd like to be able to use this font in the gimp.

Two methods are available:

1. Render the bitmaps in TeX, convert formats as necessary, and insert into
   gimp.

2. More likely, you want to use the Type 1 format versions of Computer Mode=
rn
   and friends, usable in gimp natively, and available as the 'cm-super' pa=
ckage
   from CTAN. I'll send them you you by private mail if you like (59Mb tarb=
all).
	I'm sure you know how to install type 1 fonts, but for the benefit of the
	less enlightened, I recommend 'type1inst', available from freshmeat and
	the other usual places.

--=20
Henry House
The attached file is a digital signature. See <http://romana.hajhouse.org/p=